PiCapture RasPi Reboot causes PiCapture to stop working until power cycle..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

From power-up, PiCapture seems to work fine on either of my RasPi-2 or RasPi-3 systems using raspivid to do a preview. However, if I reboot the Pi (either one) with the blue light on, then executing subsequent raspivid commands yields a mmal_vc_component_create error, ending with ‘Camera not Detected’. Only a shutdown and full power cycle will get if working again. Again, the blue light was on when the reboot was done.
    thanks

mwlinder
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know about this problem. I have reproduced it on my system, and need to investigate what is happening.

mwlinder
    Keymaster

Thanks again for reporting this. It appears that a Raspberry Pi linux reboot does not completely clear all settings in GPU portion of the processor. We have a fix for this on the PiCapture side, and will include it in our next release of the firmware when testing is complete.

Mark
    Participant

OK thanks for the quick work on it. I can use the fix as soon as its available. I think you’ve done well to utilize the GPU in any case. I know some aspects of the Pi hardware are not as well documented as one might wish.
    thanks,
    Mark

mwlinder
    Keymaster

Mark, please contact me by email to make arrangements for update software.
    Marshal
    mwlinder@lintestsystems.com

Henry
    Participant

I’m seeing the same issue. Is there a fix or a workaround available?

Thanks.

mwlinder
    Keymaster

I have just released an update to the PiCapture SD1 firmware (“Version 2”) that should fix this problem. You can find it here.

Please let me know if it works for you, or if you have any issues with the update.

This fix is the only change in the firmware update – it does not change or add any functionality, and only addresses the GPU reset issue.

andyc
    Participant

I can confirm I had the same issue with a recently purchase HD version.
    Is an HD firmware update available ?

mwlinder
    Keymaster

We are not seeing this issue with the HD1 in our test system. Is the PiCapture board responding to PiVideo after the RPi reboot? If you would send the details of your configuration and the steps to create the problem we will look into it. It is important to include tha status of the LEDs on the HD1 board. Please use email: contact@lintestsystems.com

andyc
    Participant

I shall try and reproduce.

The situation was that the capture was working fine ( one flashing led , 3 solid ).
    I was updating raspbian , and going through a few reboots.
    Next time I tried capture ( raspivid or raspistill ) I got an error about MMAL ENOMEM
    A shutdown , remove power and re-power cleared the problem , and everything worked as normal.

mwlinder
    Keymaster

This is a different problem than was originally reported with the SD1. If you are able to reproduce it, please start a new thread with the details.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
MarkRasPi Reboot causes PiCapture to stop working until power cycle..