PiCapture PiCapture HD1 – Screen Tearing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kevin
    Participant

Forgive me if this seems like a noob question, but I recently purchased a PiCapture HD1 which I’m running off a Raspberry Pi 3B+ running a fully updated/upgraded Raspbian, and I’m getting odd screen tearing and replication (attached image as example).

I’m using the command raspivid-md 1 -awbg 1.0,1.0 -awb off -ex off

Anyone have any input that could help me?

Thank you.

Test results

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by kevin.
    mwlinder
    Keymaster

It looks as though the input video signal resolution is lower than the resolution expected by the GPU for “mode 1”. If you are not sure of the input resolution, you can use PiVideo with the command “pivideo -q all” to see what mode is detected by the PiCapture board.

The “tearing“ you are seeing is actually junk from the video buffer because not enough data is received in a single frame.

kevin
    Participant

Thank you for the help! It was an incorrect mode. Has anyone got this working with FFMPEG on a regular mode? I get distortion and terrible video quality when using it with 720p conversion.

Thanks!

kevin
    Participant

Actually, I’m now getting a cleaner version of the video, but the colors are somewhat off and the screen is split down the middle and inverted (see image). I’m using the correct settings for 1080p mode 1 (all 4 lights are lit up with the last one flashing) and am getting what you can see below.

Any ideas?

mwlinder
    Keymaster

Could you please post the results of “pivideo -q all -v”? this could help understand what the PiCapture card thinks is going on.

Are you using HDMI or Component video inputs?
    Have you tried any other sources?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
kevinPiCapture HD1 – Screen Tearing