PiCapture Not finding the Camera

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    m.flags
    Participant

Hello,

I have connected Wonwoo MB-B108 2 megapixel camera with HDMI output and connected it to PICAPTURE HD1

I followed the instructions here: https://lintestsystems.com/downloads

sudo pip install pivideo

Then when I write in the terminal:

raspivid -md 6 -p 50,50,320,240

I get:

mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to create component ‘vc.ril.camera’ (1:ENOMEM)
    mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component ‘vc.ril.camera’ (1)
    mmal: Failed to create camera component
    mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
    mmal: Camera is not detected. Please check carefully the camera module is installed correctly

What I am doing wrong please

Thank you in advance

m.flags
    Participant

I forgot to mention:

“Menu” > “Preferences” > “Raspberry Pi Configuration” – “Camera” is enabled
    “Menu” > “Preferences” > “Raspberry Pi Configuration” – “I2C” is enabled

Pins, did’t change.

Thank you

mwlinder
    Keymaster

There are several possibilities.

– Please make sure that the ribbon cable is connected properly
    – Please use pivideo to check the status of the PiCapture card with “pivideo -q all -v”
    – Make sure that the PiCapture blue LED is on indicating good video before attempting to start raspivid
    – You can use a very simple raspivid command to make sure things are working: “raspivid -md 6 -o”
    – If you have a regular Raspberry Pi camera you can use it to make sure your system is set up proplerly
    – After you get one MMAL error, it is best to power-cycle the system to make sure that everything is reset before trying again. After you get one MMAL error you may continue to get them even if the issue that caused the first one is resolved.

mwlinder
    Keymaster

I forgot to mention: you are using Mode 6 in your raspivid command – please make sure that you are sending 480p video for this mode. The pivideo software will tell you what format video has been detected, and the Mode needs to match.

m.flags
    Participant

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it

1. I made sure the ribbon cable is connected the right way, and blue LED is on

2. When I copied ‘pivideo -q all -v’ in the terminal, I got:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/local/bin/pivideo”, line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point(‘pivideo==0.1.11’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘pivideo’)()
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 356, in load_entry_point
    return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 2476, in load_entry_point
    return ep.load()
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 2190, in load
    [‘__name__’])
    File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pivideo.py”, line 24, in <module>
    from builtins import chr
    ImportError: No module named builtins

3. When I copied ‘raspivid -md 6 -o’ in the terminal, a RED LED turned on then after a while off

Its an improvement I guess, because I am not getting the error in my first post.

How I can solve please the problem when I wrote: “pivideo -q all -v”

Thank you

mwlinder
    Keymaster

If the Red LED was not turning on with your earlier attempt, then the ribbon cable was the most likely problem.

The pivideo software requires the “future” package installed if you are using Python 2, as described in the documentation. You can install it with pip:

sudo pip install future

This should resolve the error you are getting.

m.flags
    Participant

Thank you, yes it did, I found it here:

Why do I get the error "ImportError: No module named builtins" when trying to use PiVideo?

I also want to share what I did so that maybe someone faces the same problems:

For Raspbian Jessie Lite – Minimal image based on Debian Jessie

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo rpi-update
    sudo pip install future
    sudo pip install pyserial
    sudo pip install serial
    sudo apt-get install python-smbus

Then Reboot

Then:

sudo pivideo -q source

I got

Active video source is: hdmi

But still when I write: sudo raspivid -md 6 -o

I get the RED LED on for a while and then off

When I write in the terminal: sudo pivideo -q all

I get:

PiCapture HD1 is ready
    Active video: Mode 5
    Selected video source is: hdmi
    Raspberry pi camera port is not active

What is the camera port means? and why its not active?

Thank you

mwlinder
    Keymaster

The red LED indicates that the RPi is actively using the camera. It lights when you are using raspivid, raspistill, etc., and is otherwise off. When pivideo reports “Raspberry Pi Camera port is not active” it just means that no program is using the camera. In your case, it means that raspivid has exited.

Mode 5 video is either 720p or the special case of lowered resolution 1080i video. You can also tell the detected resolution by looking at the four green LEDs on PiCapture. Please be sure that the mode you are specifying with raspivid matches the detected mode.

m.flags
    Participant

YES, It worked perfectly with so much flexibility

I really appreciate your patience and your support

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
m.flagsNot finding the Camera