PiCapture Connect RunCam or any other FPV Camera?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mwlinder 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ed209
    Participant

Hello, I’m interested in PiCapture for use in a long range FPV application. I will be using Pixhawk with UAVCast (4G control) on a pi3. This configuration unfortunately limits my camera choices to the picam or compatible USB cameras which are not sufficient for this application. Could I connect a RunCam Night Eagle 2 Pro, assuming I wire the video out from the camera to the PiCapture board? RunCam Cameras send video out at 4:3 or 16:9 800TVL NTSC/PAL.
    Here is a link to the camera: https://shop.runcam.com/runcam-night-eagle-2-pro/

Thanks

mwlinder
    Keymaster

The PiCapture SD1 can handle standard NTSC/PAL signals. Unfortunately the RunCam camera outputs a non-standard signal (800TVL), and it is not likely to work properly. Standard PAL signals are only 625TVL.

I’d suggest looking at an alternative camera that either outputs standard NTSC or PAL, or a high-definition camera that outputs 720p or 1080p signals for the HD1.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ed209Connect RunCam or any other FPV Camera?