PiCapture Bypass video signal

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    errpoulos
    Participant

Hi all,
    I am working on a project with the HD1. The goal is to capture video from an HDMI or component source and record it. I have mostly worked that part out, but where I am stuck is in displaying the original video on a separate monitor without any alteration to the color or framerate.
    practically speaking, this would look like having the HD1 between a laptop and a monitor, with what’s happening on the laptop being recorded on the HD1 and displayed on the monitor simultaneously.

Is the HD1 capable of doing this? If not, do you have any suggestions for pi-compatible true bypass video amps or other hardware? Thanks!

mwlinder
    Keymaster

The only output from the HD1 is to the RPi, and so you will need additional hardware if you want to view the video without using the “preview” on the RPi.

You should be able to use almost any HDMI splitter (or component splitter) to send the data to both the PiCapture board and to a monitor. That is how we have done our testing, and is helpful for tuning the color settings to get a closer match. The splitter acts as a “Y” so that each device gets its own video stream.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
errpoulosBypass video signal