PiCapture › Trouble getting PiCapture working with Raspberry PI2 model B › Reply To: Trouble getting PiCapture working with Raspberry PI2 model B
Thanks for all of the debugging information and including the PiVideo and Raspivid output – it helps rule out a number of things.
The message “Raspberry Pi camera port is not active” just means that no program (like Raspivid) is currently using, and is what is expected – we will make the documentation clearer.
It appears that camera support has been enabled in the OS, or else PiVideo would be giving a warning message about that.
We have found a couple of things about the GPU camera drivers in the course of our testing:
– If you *ever* get an MMAL error, it is most likely that the camera drivers won’t work at all until there has been a reboot. One way to tell is that the red “camera active” LED doesn’t flash when attempting to start video with raspivid.
– The error messages are frequently not very descriptive of the real problem.
I have a few questions about your configuration:
1) When you tested with other Raspberry Pi model B’s did you use the same SD card image or different ones?
2) How much memory is allocated to the GPU in your configuration settings?
3) What version of Raspbian are you using? Are you using the current GPU firmware?
Sorry you’re having trouble getting things up and running – I’ll be glad to work through it with you to get it fixed.