The PiCapture control software may be updated using the PiVideo application.
WE DO NOT RECOMMEND UPDATING THE CONTROL SOFTWARE UNLESS YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A SPECIFIC ISSUE WITH YOUR PICAPTURE BOARD AS DESCRIBED IN THE RELEASE NOTES. AN UNSUCCESSFUL SOFTWARE UPDATE MAY RESULT IN A NONFUNCTIONAL BOARD!
Control software update process:
- Update your PiVideo softare to the latest version. If you are using PyPi (recommended!) simply issue the command: sudo pip install –upgrade pivideo
- Set the jumpers on your PiCapture board for serial port communications. Refer to the PiCapture documentation for detailed instructions.
- Make sure that the Raspberry Pi can communicate with the PiCapture board using the serial port using the command: pivideo -p serial -q all If there are any problems with getting the status over the serial port you will not be able to perform the software update. Communications issues are generally caused by either a problem with the jumpers or Raspberry Pi serial port configuration problems. If the serial port is not enabled or if it is already in use by the console you will receive an error.
- Transfer the software update file to your Raspberry Pi
- Issue the command: pivideo -p serial -update FILENAME You will see a progress tracker as the PiCapture EEPROM is flashed. Do not interrupt this process!
Some users have reported that rebooting their Raspberry Pi without cycling power will result in MMAL errors when using PiCapture SD1. This software update will resolve that issue. There are no functionality changes in this release, and we do not recommend updating unless you are experiencing this problem. PiCapture_SD1_02